What are the important dates?
The essential dates for the 39th Festival in 2019
- 1st February - Early membership online sales open.
- 28th February - Early membership online sales close.
- 18th March - Ticket booking open to early members only.
- 1st April - Ticket booking open to all.
- 1st May - All online ticket & membership sales will end at 3pm to enable the committee to process all transactions before moving from Burns Lane to Islesburgh (Festival Club) for the duration of the Festival.
- 2nd May - 11am Festival Shop re-opens at Islesburgh Community Centre for Membership & Ticket Sales and ticket collection.
Please note that all membership and ticket sales are online and we do not accept bookings over the phone or via email. Our shop will be open on some of these dates above to offer assistance however.
Youth Programming and Community Projects
In addition to organising the ticketed concerts, SFFS continue to organise extra community events, many of them targeted at younger members of the Shetland populace. These include the Playgroup concert, the Additional Support Needs concert, the free Youth concert and selected school visits. We’re also keen on developing educational opportunities. In previous years this has included the “S.H.O.W” project, which showcased the talents of students and tutors from Shetland, Highland, Orkney and the Western Isles in May 2007. The 29th Festival witnessed the exciting and innovative Trans-Nordic educational project, “Nordic Tone” whereas the 2012 Festival included a collaborative project between 4 members of Treacherous Orchestra and 5 music students who formed “The Trad Seeds” in the week running up to the Festival. Projects like these are extremely valuable for the ongoing development of our prestigious event.
39th Festival merchandise will be on sale during the Festival at the Club.
Artiste's merchandise will only be sold at the venues that they are performing at.
Raffle Contributors for 2019
We are grateful for raffle donations from the following businesses for 2019:
Scoop Wholefoods, George Robertson Ltd. The Camera Centre, The String, The Moorfield Hotel, JG Rae Jewellers, Loganair, ESPL Regulatory Consulting Ltd, Shetland Times Bookshop, Northlink Ferries, The Planticrub.
No Smoking Policy
In line with Scottish Law please remember that ALL venues used by the Festival are strictly non-smoking - this includes the Festival Club.